Planeptune (プラネテューヌ, Puranetūnu) is one of the four main reoccurring nations in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. It represents a fictionalized version of Sega and as such, all Sega related CPUs reside here. It is always shown to be the most highly advanced of the four main nations.
Due to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series being one that revolves around the concept of different dimensions and universes, there are multiple Planeptune's throughout the series, all retaining the same aforementioned purpose and nature.
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
Anime & Books
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation
- It is the only land aside from the Gamindustri Graveyard, that does not start with an 'L'.
- Many references to SEGA games take place here.
- In comparison to the other lands in mk2, Planeptune underwent the least changes in development. This is probably due to already being the most advanced to begin with.
- Planeptune seems to have a futuristic 'Theme'.
- There is a lost place in the Ultra Dimension Planeptune called "The Golden Axe". This is a reference to the Sega game called Golden Axe.
- There is a lost place in the Ultra Dimension Planeptune called "A Winged Capsule?". This is a reference to Opa-Opa a character from a Sega arcade game called Fantasy Zone.
- While Lastation, Lowee and Leanbox have the same CPUs in multiple dimensions, respectively, albeit with different versions of them, Planeptune is the only land with completely different CPUs. Uzume Tennouboshi, Uranus, and Neptune being all CPUs for the Hyper Dimension (with Neptune being for the Super Dimension) and Plutia for the Ultra Dimension.