|“||Nope, you can't be more popular than me. I mean, I'm the main character of this franchise and stuff.||”|
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple Neptune's throughout the series though all of them retain more or less the same personalities and core aspects regardless of the setting.
Pages related to a specific Neptune:
- Neptune/1st Hyperdimension
- Neptune/2nd Hyperdimension
- Neptune/Producing Perfection
- Neptune/Hyperdevotion Noire
Main Article: Neptune/1st Hyperdimension
Appears in these titles:
Main Article: Neptune/2nd Hyperdimension
Appears in these titles:
Main Article: Neptune/Adult
Appears in these titles:
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing PerfectionEdit
Main Article: Neptune/Producing Perfection
Appears in these titles:
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartEdit
Main Article: Neptune/Hyperdevotion Noire
Appears in these titles:
Other Media Edit
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation Edit
Main Article: Neptune/Anime
Appears in these titles:
Fictitious Hardware InformationEdit
It should also be noted that unlike the other goddesses in the game, Neptune's console has never been hinted to change, but rather the technology for it simply improves while the console itself remains unchanged.
Another thing to note is that in the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game, for Neptune's second special attack she is seen turning into her fictitious console which in turns opens up and becomes a fighter jet that is capable of firing a Wave Motion Canon. In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, she is seen assuming the Fighter Jet form again in her Final Hard Form, but this time instead of the Wave Motion Canon she is shown to fire a barrage of missiles. However, during Plutia's Final Hard Form where Plutia becomes a Stealth Bomber, Neptune takes her jet form again and is shown to be firing a Wave Motion Canon alongside her. This shows that Neptune and the other goddesses are capable of assuming forms outside of their normal Human and Goddess forms.
|OPERATING SYSTEM||Conversation Operating System: AI Neptune Model. Capable of offering a variety of support using its AI. Simply state your desire and it can perform such things as complex network settings. As you use it, it will come to understand your likes and will offer better support.|
|PROCESSOR||A sixth generation multi bio chip operating at 512.16THz. Using an ecology core unit, it's able to form appropriate pathways. This ecology core unit becomes capable of forming better pathways as you run a variety of software. It is recommended that you do not use energy drinks and toppings to increase the clock speed.|
|MEMORY||8TBx16 main memory and 120gn sixth generation neuron memory embedded in the processor. The ecology unit has 120 billion nerve cell memory units.|
|GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR||SFHD-X7250 GPU compatible with direct image output.|
|STORAGE||8PBx4. Realizes 32 petabytes through four drives.|
|MEDIA DRIVE||Quad PRD (Purple-Ray Disc) Drive. Capable of games, sound media playback, movie media playback and recording. Multi disc games can be played with no need to swap discs.|
|POWER||Self power unit with life expectancy of 50 years. During standby mode, can power old household appliances.|
|OUTPUT||Outputs a variety of information, including video, audio and shocks, through a Brain Wave Controller.|
|ACCESSORIES||Includes one Brain Wave Controller and one socket.|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES||Socket (multi-tap)|
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 has a character song album that includes both Neptune and Nepgear called Hyperdimension Neptunia Duet Sisters Vol.1. It features a duet song called Smile Spiral and a solo for each of them; Neptune's solo being called Lady Cool ~ Purple Heart.
|Purple Heart's Theme|
In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Purple Heart has her own theme composed by Nobuo Uematsu's Band, the Earthbound Papas. It notably serves as the main boss battle theme for the first half of the game and occasionally plays in cutscenes.
Neptune also has two character songs on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Shugo Megami Character Song CD Vol.1 album, one called Fly High! which is preformed by her human form and the other being Purple Energy which is preformed by her goddess form. These songs also make an appearance in Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection as remixed versions which were later released on the Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Complete Bundle Processor Vol.1 album which also features Neptune singing the idol dance versions of With Confidence , HP ∞ LOVE Power and Dear... every day .
Additionally in Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Neptune also preforms two other songs called Mira Infinity and Dreaming At Full Power. Both songs were released on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Share Complete Discs set and have a solo version and group version with the other CPUs.
If A Goddess Was Your WifeEdit
On the If A Goddess Was Your Wife drama CD, Neptune tries to wake up her husband so she can spend time with him on their holiday off. Despite her efforts in human form, she is unable to get him up so instead she transforms into Purple Heart and tries again for a second time. This time it proves to be successful and then she reverts back to her human form.
Neptune states that she plans the have the two of them play video games all day til the next morning as part spending time together and starts off with a racing game. Due to her moving around so much while playing, her skirt lifts up which causes her husband to be distracted and ultimately lose the race. Neptune is embarrassed by this but ends up forgiving him for staring at her like that.
Having not eaten anything since they woke up, Neptune's husband goes to get something to eat and Neptune requests for him to bring back a cup of pudding while she plays by herself for a bit. When he return, Neptune has him feed her the pudding while she plays but eventually ends up having the spoon jab her on the side of the mouth.
Being in extreme pain from this, Neptune suggests an alternate method to being fed. She sits down on his lap and says that he can hug her and feed her at the same time. Neptune finds herself distracted by his strong embrace and ends up losing the race on the game. Her husband then tells her to get off since she lost, but she blames him for distracting her and says that he have to feed her the rest of her pudding instead.
The Goddesses will Sleep with YouEdit
On the The Goddesses will Sleep with You CD, Neptune promises to stay with "him" until you fall asleep, but she has no idea how to get him to sleep. She suggests counting kangaroos because for a long time whenever she did it she would fall asleep more easily. However, when she does this she slowly begins to fall asleep herself and begins to dream about pudding.
When she is hit on the head, she wakes up and says that she felt so warm and secure that she ended up drifting off to sleep. She then gets the idea to hug him under the impression that feeling her close to him would make him feel secure and thus lull him to sleep in no time at all. Though, this idea doesn't work in the least. Neptune assumes that his heart is beating really fast and that's why he can't sleep.
For her next idea, she suggests that he hug her instead as if he's hugging a pillow, but forbids touching her anywhere weird. Eventually he stops hugging her, believing that it's like embracing a kid and it feels wrong somehow. This upsets Neptune and she decides that she has no other choice but to transform into Purple Heart.
Purple Heart comments on how docile he's suddenly become now that she's in her goddess form and wonders what would happen if she hugged him. She comments on how he still feels warm even when she's transformed, but now that she's in goddess form she can feel his warmth multiple times compared to her small body in human form. She says that she's only doing this for him because he's special.
He asks for her to release him but you because now he can't sleep due to his heart beating. Instead she says that now that she's gotten into the mood she has no intention of letting him go and wants to hug him all night, forever and ever. After he falls asleep for a few minutes, Neptune reverts to human form and begins saying "Boing, boing, like a kangaroo" over and over again and says that she told him she had no intention of letting him sleep that night.
Touch Shot! Love ApplicationEdit
In Mugen Souls, Neptune is available as a playable character via downloadable content that can only be obtained from a DLC Code in one of the Dengeki PlayStation magazines.
Mugen Souls ZEdit
In Mugen Soul Z as part of the Overwhelming Game's Triple Goddess Costume Set downloadable content, the player can obtain equipment that can allow Peons to dress up and resemble Neptune. This DLC pack includes, Neptune's entire Parka Dress outfit, her hairstyle, her face, and a portrait of her.
Content & StatsEdit
|2x Brain Wave Controller||-||-||-||6%||2%||6%||-||-||-|
|Turquoise Striped Panties||-||-||-||-||9%||-||-||9%||-|
|Neptune Portrait||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Portrait setting must be unlocked|
Neptune makes a cameo appearance in Monster Monpiece as a two stage card that shifts between her human and goddess forms. She is the only Hyperdimension Neptunia character to make an appearance in this game.
Fairy Fencer FEdit
In Fairy Fencer F, Neptune makes an appearance as a DLC accessory for Fang, the protagonist of the game. The accessory is Neptune has a plush-toy clinging to Fang's arm.
Creation and DevelopmentEdit
In an interview with the character artist for the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, Tsunako, it is revealed that Neptune was never intended to be the main character. Tsunako was working with a different name and concept with Noire serving as main protagonist and the three heroines being Noire, Blanc, and Vert. She was asked to draw a few other character samples and one which was very well received was Neptune's original look. This lead to the creation of Neptune as a new main protagonist.
Neptune's original look was drawn with the idea of the Roman god Neptune, the king of the sea that is her namesake. Blue was the key color, and according to Tsunako the look gives a mysterious impression.
Purple Heart's Next FormEdit
Tsunako comments that during the development, the attire Purple Heart wears in Next Form became a suit depicts the evolution of the next generation, and an image of growth. A "V"-like symbol was used for the lines of the neck and the buttocks.It became a feeling of a splendid black brightened by purple, and when it was assimilated in the hair, it could also be called the motif of the planet Neptune itself.
She states that she has used light blue as luminescent color before, but this time this has been taken over, blending the pink hue of the clear area with a luminescent blue which gives the feeling of everything being purple at first glance.  The hairstyle changed by having a polarized color and by unwinding the braid from the middle. Tsunako says it took her in total approximately half a year to come up with the design, including the preparatory work on the Next Form itself, temporarily stopping work to restart from scratch, while working on other projects at the same time.
Neptune's name is derived from the never released Sega Neptune that was a two-in-one Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and Sega 32X console that Sega planned to make.
- Neptune's personality in the localized version of the games and the original Japanese version of the games are quite different. While the localized version portrays her as silly and somewhat hip girl with a weird way of speaking, The Japanese version portrays her as somewhat spunkier girl who acts silly most of the time but can also be serious. It can be said that her personality in the localized version of the series is a highly exaggerated version of her original Japanese counterpart.
- Neptune is not the personification of the Sega Neptune, her name is simply reference to it. She is the personification of a Fictious Sega Console. This could be why her console is referred to as "Fictitious Hard" (Hard being short for Hardware) by the creators.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia's creator favorite character is Neptune, due to her being "energetic and bright to the point of idiocy". Even in the darkest situations, she still makes happy and positive comments.
- The DLC costume Smile Spiral from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is a reference to the song called Smile Spiral that Neptune and Nepgear sing on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Duet Sisters Vol.1 CD. another thing to be noted is that the song Smile Spiral also appears in the Japanese idol DLC cutscene in the Japanese version of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, where Neptune and Nepgear sing Smile Spiral.
- In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, it is revealed Neptune doesn't like eggplants. The reason as to why is, according to Neptune, because they turn your eyes purple, even though Neptune's eyes are already purple. This strange phobia affects Neptune to the point that it can be used as a sort of kryptonite, and has been done so by Arfoire. However, if the eggplant is modified in some way so it no longer resembles an eggplant (like being extremely enlarged), Neptune won't be phased by it.
- Up until a certain part of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Neptune didn't know what her HDD form looked like. This is mostly because said form is only used for battle and Neptune states she isn't the type to transform and just stare at mirror, saying Noire's more likely to do that. Though strangely enough, there is proof that Neptune knew what she looked like in HDD. The very beginning of the game has Neptune rewatching an old music video starring herself (and Nepgear) in HDD. But, it can easily be justified by saying that Neptune simply forgot, like she did with Arfoire earlier in the game, or she only pretended not to know as, when she saw a copy of HDD form, she proceeded to call the copy a very stylish and hip stranger.
- In a popularity poll, Neptune earned the spot of second space. First went to Noire, a fact that was referenced and made fun of in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory where Neptune, upon hearing of Noire's fandom, is immediately overcome with jealousy and begins calling Noire "Popular Heart" in a mocking way.
- In the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, when using Neptune Break, occasionally Neptune can be heard saying "up up down down left right" more than half of the "Konami Code" but then realizing she has no use for it, and she stops.
- Out of the original four Goddesses, Neptune was the only one that didn't have a color-themed name.
- In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, episode 7 of the anime, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, Neptune's favorite food is said to be custard pudding.
- In the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, Neptune references one of Optimus Prime's Catch Phrases, when she says "Transform!" and "Roll out!"
- In the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, when Neptune enters a battle sometimes she will reference Sailor Moon, when she says "Pretty Mysterious Neptune of Love and Justice! In the name of the Basilicom, I'll punish you!"