Nepgear (ネプギア, Nepugia), also known as Purple Sister (パープルシスター, Pāpuru Shisutā), is the CPU Candidate of Planeptune and Purple Heart's younger sister. Much like her sister who represents a fictitious Sega Console, Nepgear represents a fictitious Sega Handheld.
Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple Nepgears throughout the series though all of them retain more or less the same personalities and core aspects regardless of the setting.
Main Article: N-Gear
Nepgear's personified handheld is fictitious, much like Neptune's. She represents what is called the N-Gear, a portable gaming device researched and developed in Planeptune. It has various functions, such as processing and organizing physical items as well as data.
The name for her personified handheld is a reference to the actual Sega Game Gear and her name, hence the 'N' and 'Gear'.
Main Article: Nepgear/Producing Perfection
When the idol group known as MOB48 appears, Nepgear supports Neptune who has taken on the role of an idol to reclaim their lost shares.
Main Article: Nepgear/U: Action Unleashed
Main Article: Nepgear/MegaTagmension Blanc
Main Article: Nepgear/VS Sega Hard Girls
Main Article: Nepgear/4 Goddesses Online
On the Moshi Megami Kouho-Sei Ga Imouto De Shinmitsuna KA·N·KE·I Dattara CD Drama CD Nepgear brings her big brother some refreshments while he's studying, but is surprised to see that instead of studying like he's supposed to he's instead playing games. She says that because he rarely ever says he's going to study that she went through the effort of preparing it for him, but since he was insincere she won't give him anything.
Nepgear then says that she is merely joking and that she actually brought it because she thought it'd be around the time where he started losing concentration. She then serves him his coffee and cookies, but her brother asks why there are two coffees instead of only one. She tells him that she brought it so that she can drink with him because she hadn't been able to see him all day.
The two of them then take turns taking a mouthful of each others coffee. Now understanding what kind of coffee her big brother likes to drink, she says she'll make him that type of coffee from now own. Nepgear then realizes that she drank from the same cup as her big brother which means that the two of them indirectly kissed. She then quickly tries to play it off and says it was nothing to fool him.
After that Nepgear wishes that her brother would pay more attention to her so she decides to tease him by pretending to feed him a cookie only to eat it herself. This upsets him, as he was looking forward to eating that cookie. Nepgear feels like her attempts at making him pay attention to her were successful and feeds him a cookie for real the second time.
Anime & Books
Main Article: Nepgear/The Animation
- Touch Shot! Love Application: Nepgear makes an appearance in the game as part of a custom skin that can be used on the main character's yPhone. The skin features both her and Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and uses their Chirper Gamipics as part of the icons on the protagonists phone while the wallpaper of the phone is taken from the official wallpaper from Hyperidmension Neptunia mk2 that features both Neptune and Nepgear.
- Mugen Souls: Nepgear's clothing is available for peons and characters via downloadable content that can only be obtained from a DLC Code in one of the Dengeki PlayStation magazines. The DLC pack is included in the game's PC version for all regions.
- Mugen Souls Z: As part of the Vert's Delusional Sisters Costume Set downloadable content, the player can obtain equipment that can allow Peons to dress up and resemble Nepgear. This DLC pack includes, Nepgear's entire outfit, her hairstyle, her face, and a portrait of her.
- Million Arthur: In a number of collaboration event gachas alongside other characters in Neptunia.
- SHOWMAKER: Nepgear is the very first priced DLC to appear during the app's Early Access state. 
Audio samples do not work on iPad or any medium that does not support the .ogg audio format.
|Nepgear's Theme||Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2||Nepgear has her own theme titled Nepgear's Theme that plays very rarely during the story of the game. It is the sixteenth track on the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 OST and is composed by Kenji Kaneko.|
|Smile Spiral||Neptune and Nepgear's character song duet for the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Hyperdimension Neptunia Duet Sisters Vol.1 album.|
|M.P.B.L Most Pure Brave Lady||Nepgear's solo song on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Duet Sisters Vol.1 album.|
|Smile Spiral_Remix||A remixed version of Smile Spiral released on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Share Complete Discs set.|
|Nepgear's Theme Ver.V||Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory||Nepgear has her own theme composed by Nobuo Uematsu's Band, the Earthbound Papas that is a remixed version of her theme from Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. Despite being called Nepgear's Theme it notably serves as the theme that plays whenever a character uses an EXE Drive skill during battle.|
|Perfect Purple||Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed||Neptune and Nepgear's theme which plays whenever either transforms.|
Due to Nepgear being the younger sister of Neptune and thus representing a handheld console instead of home console like her sister, Nepgear's name is derived from the Sega Game Gear handheld.
- In the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 popularity poll, Nepgear has placed third with a total of 1032 points, just behind Neptune. This makes her the most popular CPU Candidate.
- Nepgear's special M.P.B.L is a reference to the song Most Pure Brave Lady. Most Pure Brave Lady is the song she sings from the Hyperdimension Neptune Duet Sister Song Vol.1 CD.
- Nepgear's weapon after transformation and her special M.P.B.L mimics the main weapon of MBV-04-G Temjin from Cyber Troopers Virtual-On.
- In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, it is revealed that Nepgear absolutely loves robots, and gets sad if they are destroyed.
- In Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, through certain events, Nepgear gets to summon Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man. In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, the honor of summoning Inafune goes to Neptune instead, however, Nepgear (also through an event) later gets to summon a slew of manga characters, all made by the renowned Osamu Tezuka.
- In Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, when Nepgear joins the party, she actually describes herself as either a tanky character or a red mage. While Blanc is more of a tank than Nepgear, Nepgear does make a good red mage given her good stats as well as having not only offensive skills but healing and support skills as well.
- Nepgear's Slash Wave skill actually changes name upon transformation, changing into M.P.B.L. However, she is not the only character to do so, with both Plutia and Peashy changing all of their skill names upon transformation.
- In the games, Nepgear is often mistaken to be the older sister between herself and Neptune due to her older appearance and being more mature then Neptune.
- In HDD form, Nepgear remains the most unchanged between the other CPUs and CPU Candidates. This might be a reference to the fact that SEGA's handheld consoles consist solely of the game gear, and has not developed further.
- Nepgear is the tallest of the CPU Candidates.