Due to the Neptunia series being a game that revolves around different universes and dimensions, there are multiple IFs throughout the series, some of them with varying personalities. She is friends with Compa, Neptune, and Nepgear.
IF make a cameo appearance during Neptune's story in the game. She can also be unlocked as a background dancer.
Main Article: IF/Hyperdevotion Noire
IF appears as a support character along with Compa. Both do not appear in Story Mode cutscenes. IF manages the treasure sets obtained throughout the game.
Main Article: IF/VS Sega Hard Girls
Main Article: IF/4 Goddesses Online
Anime & Books
Main Article: IF/The Animation
Mugen Souls Z
She is only available in the Japanese version of Mugen Soul Z due to being part of a magazine promotion item. IF can be downloaded alongside Dengeki Lass by using the 究極的電撃セット downloadable content that only comes from a Promo Code from Promo Code- 電撃PlayStation Vol.541. The player can obtain equipment that can allow Peons to dress up and resemble IF. This DLC pack includes IF's entire outfit, her hairstyle, her face, and a portrait of her.
Audio samples do not work on iPad or any medium that does not support the .ogg audio format.
|Together||-||IF's character song only released on the Hyperdimension Neptunia Share Complete Discs collection.|
|IF Chan's Theme||Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls||In Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, IF has her own theme that first plays at the title screen. It is later heard again during the opening cutscene. IF Chan's Theme is the first track on disc 1 in the Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls OST.|
IF's name comes from the official acronym used for Idea Factory. Much like Compa, she does not have a name that is the same exact name as the company she represents.
- IF is the first protagonist in a Neptunia game who is not a goddess.
- In the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 popularity poll, IF came in 6th place.
- In the 2014 poll, she came in 2nd place, behind Blanc.
- IF references Lucky Charms by saying, "It does sound magically delicious." in a cutscene where she considers trying crepes from Lowee.
- The Ultra Dimension IF suffered from Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome when she was young. As a matter of fact, she and Peashy made their own fantasy "setting" and wrote it in a book that was used later on to bring back Peashy's memory.
- IF has a total of nine cellphones. She has only been seen using the pink one.
- IF's nine cellphones are titled: Otomate Forte Blue-Green, B Make Sky Blue, IF Neverland Navy, Gene Project Black, IF Mate Rose Pink, Type Zero White, Happy Seed Yellow-Green, Otomate Orange-Pink, and Lupinus Sugar Pink. The one she uses the most is IF Mate Rose Pink.
- In the Character Info section of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, it is revealed that IF and Compa are childhood friends.
- However, this is not the case for their Super Dimension versions.
- IF references Mario from the Super Mario bros series when she tells Neptune, "Why not slap on some overalls and a red hat while you're at it?"
- In the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, when IF sometimes opens a treasure chest, she will reference the mimic from the Dragon Quest series when she says. "It's a mimic?! Sike!"
- IF was shown doing magic in the anime.
- IF and 5pb. are the only two characters that had different English voice actress for games and anime series.
- Both her Japanese and English voice actors portrayed a character in Fate/Stay Night. However, they voiced different characters.
- In early art and pictures of the first game, IF's hair would sometimes appear red.
- IF and Compa are the only two humanoid characters in Megadimension Neptunia VII not to have an Image Scroll Mode available under Character Info.
- In Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, it is revealed that IF only drinks Rose Park Coffee when Neptune asked her whether or not she liked jasmine tea, after the credits for the Normal Ending.
- IF is the first and only character in the series to ever get censored while cursing, in Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, when Histoire told her that she modified her bike without her permission. This is pretty ironic since she is one of the most mature characters in the series and rarely curses.