Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (四女神オンライン CYBER DIMENSION NEPTUNE, Yon Megami Onrain CYBER DIMENSION NEPTUNE, lit Four Goddesses Online: CYBER DIMENSION NEPTUNE) is an Action RPG. Despite the title, the game is a single-player game with an online cooperative multiplayer option. This is the first Neptunia game to use Unreal Engine 4, as well as the first spin-off game to be released on the PlayStation 4 rather than the PlayStation Vita.
A world that exists in a dimension separate from our own, where the Four Goddesses protect and rule over their respective nations.
The Goddesses Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert, who have saved the world from danger countless times, were selected to be beta testers for the new version of a certain online game...
[4 Goddesses Online]
It is a super-popular title that utilizes Gamindustri's Goddesses as official models.
The stage of the story is set within a fantasy world, surrounded by verdant and gorgeous ocean, known as Alsgard.
Logging into the game world, the four CPUs meet with the Guardian Spirit, the guide to all adventurers, Bouquet. They discover that they are the Chosen Ones tasked with the mission of reviving the Goddesses of legend, and that Alsgard is under the looming threat of the villainous Demon King.
In order to create new friendships...
In order to meet their virtual selves...
In order to save the world from destruction...
And... in order to finally get a younger sister...
With these wishes compiling in their hearts, the Goddesses journey into the Cyberdimension!
Main Article: Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online/Gameplay
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (Japanese), Melissa Fahn (English)
- She is a Paladin. She is the main character of the game.
- Voiced by: Rina Sato (Japanese), Carrie Keranen (English)
- She is an Enchanter and may have a much bigger role in the game.
- †Black Cat Princess†
- Voiced by: Ayano Yamamoto (Japanese), Kayli Mills (English)
- A beta tester who joined with Kiria.
- Voiced by: Kana Ueda (Japanese), Kate Higgins (English)
- Runs the general item store Chaos Factory with Compa.
- Voiced by: Kanako Sakai (Japanese), Cristina Vee (English)
- Runs the general item store Chaos Factory with IF.
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese), Amanda C. Miller (English)
- Runs the weapons store Gion Blacksmith.
- Uzume Tennouboshi
- Voiced by: Mariko Honda (Japanese), Erica Lindbeck (English)
- A beta tester who plays solo.
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa (Japanese), Cherami Leigh (English)
- Runs the accessory store Fancy Shop with Peashy.
- Voiced by: Aoi Yūki (Japanese), Sandy Fox (English)
- Runs the accessory store Fancy Shop with Plutia.
- Voiced by: Chiaka Takahashi (Japanese)
- Works as a gardener.
- Voiced by: Neeko (Japanese)
- Voiced by: Aya Uchida (Japanese), Ryan Bartley (English)
- A NPC guardian of the game's world.
- A NPC who runs the Guild.
- Grim Reaper
- Voiced by: Hideki Kojima (Japanese)
- Demon King Jester
- Voiced by: Shouta Ebina (Japanese), Austin Lee Matthews (English)
- Voiced by: Tanaka Miou (Japanese)
- Mysterious Person
- Voiced by: ????
- The game has the same title as Vert's favorite MMO, Four Goddesses Online.
- This game is similar to many "MMO trapped" franchises like .hack// and Sword Art Online.
- The game was the third best-selling video game in Japan during its debut week, selling 42,508 copies.
- Due to a video game voice actor strike, Erin Fitzgerald has confirmed she will not voice Noire in the English version. Erica Mendez has replaced her role.
- With the end of the strike, though, Fitzgerald may voice her.
- It should be noted that while she doesn't appear in the game, the character of Ziege (Setag) can be heard speaking to Vert on the phone in one scene. This can be confirmed to be her as she ends the sentence in her trademark "Biru". This make it the first time she is confirmed to be in the game universe.
- A strange error happened when players try to purchase the Steam version on its first few hours on sale which is being unable to purchase the game as it would require the purchasing Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, which is currently unavailable to Steam until March 8.
- This is probably related to Neptune's appearance to the game as a DLC guest character.